Entered on VWP or ESTA and Now Stuck in the U.S.? Apply for Satisfactory Departure

Did you last enter the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) or Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) and now find yourself unable to depart the U.S. due to COVID-19? If so, know that you have options available to you!

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) have announced that they will accept  applications for Satisfactory Departure, which allows for VWP and ESTA entrants to extend their stay in the U.S. in increments of thirty (30) days. until they are able to depart the U.S.

For individuals seeking additional information about how to apply for Satisfactory Departure with CBP, please consult our information sheet. You can also find more information about National Interest Exemptions to any of the Presidential Proclamations banning entry of certain individuals in the second column of this sheet.

Related Posts
  • UPDATE: DOS Issues Guidance on Visa Renewals for H-1Bs and L-1s Under Presidential Proclamation 10052 Read More
  • Trump Administration Changes to Asylum Read More
  • USCIS Links Read More