Career Opportunities – Business Immigration Paralegal
Boutique, high volume Business Immigration Law firm located in the Northern Suburbs is hiring a business immigration paralegal with high standards of professionalism, detail orientated to manage the preparation of employment-based applications and petitions. The firm operates under a run and gun approach and the candidate needs to be able to work on simultaneous projects, have an acute attention to detail and be able to work independently. The successful candidate must have a Bachelors degree and be detail oriented, have excellent oral and written communication skills and be highly organized. Must also have a strong work ethic. Position involves extensive contact with employers and their foreign national employees.
- Must be completely familiar with the H-1B process including preparation of LCA/letter of support/cover letter. Require knowledge of the I-140 process and have proficient experience in the last two years of RFE regarding in house or remote control projects in the IT industry.
- Prior experience in Business Immigration a must including H-1B, and RFE responses – specialty occupation a plus. Must be pro-active, and assume ownership/responsibility, be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced work environment.
- Communicate regularly with clients and foreign nationals regarding procedural and case processing issues, assisting with the review of cases.
- Must manage case management software and communicate with Attorney regarding case status and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree – please do not apply without bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of six months of experience as a Business Immigration Paralegal with all experience in completing H1B petitions from start to finish.
- Must be familiar with IT Consulting H-1B, including both in house and remote control projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; English grammar must be excellent
- Possesses strong knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of non-immigrant and immigrant visas and client processes.
- Experience drafting RFEs and filing large volumes of immigrant and non-immigrant petitions
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume law firm setting
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe, and other business software application.
- Experience with Cerenade software a bonus
- No travel required but must have own transportation